Decorative Screen Painting in Umbria, Italy

/
0 Comments

*testo italiano sotto
I've been invited to participate as an exhibitor at the "Giorni delle Rose" Festival in Spello, Perugia at the end of May 2015 so I got to thinking that I'd like to take something really special besides my fruit, flower & Umbrian landscape paintings.

I've always loved decorative screens so after studying quite a few examples I decided to create one of my own.  I had 3 panels cut to the right size and proceeded to prepare the surface with 4-5 coats of acrylic primer, sanding between each coat.


Full of enthusiasm, I jumped right in and painting some bright red poppiesBoy was that a mistake as everything else that was painted afterwards couldn't compete chromatically.

  
What else could I do but paint right over them and start over with a nice light antique blue background.  



The best part of painting this screen is using 'live' branches and flowers as my subjects.  I try to capture their soul.
I should be finishing this screen this coming week.  Stay tuned!

Would you like to know more about my decorative screens? Drop me a line & I'll get back to you in 12 hours. 
 

Did you enjoy this post?
Why not share it with a friend or comment below, thank you!


*testo italiano
Sono stata invitata a partecipare come espositore alla manifestazione "Il Giorni delle Rose" a Spello a fine maggio di quest'anno.  Ho iniziato a pensare che vorrei portare qualcosa di speciale aparte i fiori, frutta e paesaggi Umbri.

Mi sono sempre piaciuti i paraventi e allora decise di studiarli per poter creare uno proprio.  Mi sono fatta tagliare 3 panelli della giusta misura e gli ho preparato con 4-5 mani di cementite.  

Ero piena d'entusiasmo e così ho dipinto per primo dei bei papaveri rossi.  Che errore!  Quel tono condizionava troppo tutto il resto e niente sembrava essere all'altezza. 

L'unica cosa che potevo fare era iniziare da capo con un bel colore di fondo, blu antico.

La parte migliore di dipingere questo paravento è poter dipingere usando rami e fiori vivi.  Cerco di catturare l'anima di questi.
Dovrei finire la prossima settimana, vi faccio sapere!

Volete dell'informazione riguardo questi paraventi? Scrivetemi e vi risponderò entro 12 ore.





You may also like

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.