Botanical Garden in Brera, Milan

/
0 Comments
My daughter is in film school in Milan so this means that I'm often in the northern Italian provincial capital visiting her.




I'm a curious person and I don't like crowds so when I heard about the Brera Botanical Garden in the center of Milan, I couldn't resist and headed over there.  It was quite easy to find and about 250mt. from the Monteleone metro stop at Via Brera 28.



Eventhough it was late February, I was surprised to find quite a bit of flowering going on. (list)  
I'm certain it must be a real treat in late Spring when the larger trees will offer a much desired shat and freshness from the city cement.

There are comfy wooden benches throughout and I took advantage to rest and sketch some of the Galanthus that had just started blooming along with the Chimonanthus.



It's a rather small garden, just 5000sqm. located at the end of a private street nestled among historical palazzi in one of Milan's more charming neighborhoods. 



It has a wide variety of plants from all over the world. It's small, sweet and very well maintained with clear and thorough plant tags.  If you're looking for a quiet, green area to rest then this botanical garden is the perfect place. 

Click here for Opening hours & information.


If you found this little articl interesting, please share it with your friends, thank you!


You may also like

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.